- Advances in Mathematics of Communications
- Big Data & Information Analytics
- Communications on Pure & Applied Analysis
- Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - A
- Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - B
- Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - S
- Evolution Equations & Control Theory
- Inverse Problems & Imaging
- Journal of Computational Dynamics
- Journal of Dynamics & Games
- Journal of Geometric Mechanics
- Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization
- Journal of Modern Dynamics
- Kinetic & Related Models
- Mathematical Biosciences & Engineering
- Mathematical Control & Related Fields
- Mathematical Foundations of Computing
- Networks & Heterogeneous Media
- Numerical Algebra, Control & Optimization
- Electronic Research Announcements
- Conference Publications
- AIMS Mathematics
Local maximum principle for $L^p$-viscosity solutions of fully nonlinear elliptic PDEs with unbounded coefficients
We establish local maximum principle for $L^p$-viscosity solutions of fully nonlinear elliptic partial differential equations with unbounded ingredients.
A comparison principle for viscosity solutions of second-order quasilinear elliptic partial dierential equations with no zeroth order terms is shown. A dierent transformation from that of Barles and Busca in  is adapted to enable us to deal with slightly more general equations.
We study the variational inequality for a 1-dimensional linear-quadratic control problem with discretionary stopping. We establish the existence of a unique strong solution via stochastic analysis and the viscosity solution technique. Finally, the optimal policy is shown to exist from the optimality conditions.
In this paper we study the boundary value problem for the Hamilton-Jacobi-Isaacs equation of pursuit-evasion differential games with state constraints. We prove existence of a continuous viscosity solution and a comparison theorem that we apply to establish uniqueness of such a solution and its uniform approximation by solutions of discretized equations.
Year of publication
[Back to Top]